Dance is by far the best medicine – so we made you a list. Check it out below on Spotify.
And if you need a reason to dance – besides the fact that it’s 100% pure fun – here are ten reasons why dancing is the best medicine for body, mind and spirit.
- Exercise – want to get hour heart rate up? Dance for 30 minutes to one hour and you’ve got your cardio for the week sorted!
- Movement – if you sit all day at a desk and don’t move, then your hips literally get locked in place. The only way to free your body from stiffness is to move!
- Confidence – if there’s one way to renew your confidence, then it’s dancing. You have to be happy with your body and the way it moves and the best way to prove that to yourself is to dance.
- De-stress – dancing literally melts stress from your body. It fills every cell up with joy and lets you feel free.
- Creative Outlet – there’s nothing worse than stifled emotions. Feeling angry, sad, worried or just plain fed up with life. Go dancing. Let it all go.
- Embodiment – we’re so plugged into our phones, computers, tablets, TVs that sometimes we forget we’re even in a body. Get out of your head and into your body on the dance floor.
- Make Friends – those who dance together stay together. Dancing is a great way to expose yourself to new social groups and find like-minded friends.
- Footloose Rebellion – just like the movie dancing is the ultimate form of rebellion. All day long we are encourage to sit still, stand in place, smile and nod. Dancing brings out the wild in us all and sets us free.
- Coordination – there more you dance, the more coordinated you become. And coordination is sexy.
- Hot Hot Hot – want to heat up the sheets? Get dancing and shake those hips – dancing gets all our juices flowing!
We encourage sober dancing as the healthiest way to move your body and express yourself. And we’re always on the look out for new artists – if you know anyone, let us know and we’ll add them to our list!