Learn How to Thrive After Domestic Violence and Abuse
This ebook will teach you how to:
- Develop a plan for leaving an abusive relationship
- Identify seven steps towards healing after abuse or domestic violence
- How experiences from childhood are affecting you now
- Identify and break toxic relationship patterns
- Clear emotional trigger responses and overwhelm
- Understand how your limiting beliefs are sabotaging your reality
- Heal co-dependency and trauma bonding
- Identify trauma and learn how to process and heal it
- Live a life that is uniquely yours
- Increase self-esteem and self-worth
This ebook is for women and men who have recently left an abusive relationship – or who experienced abuse as a child – and are looking for tools to help them thrive.
The most confusing thing about domestic violence and abuse is the fact that we find ourselves loving people who hurt us. Oftentimes, we can’t even see how destructive our relationships are until it’s too late.
The physical, emotional and spiritual implications of domestic violence and abuse are rarely understood by someone unless they have experienced it.
Police, courts and support workers can help you in the early stages when seeking safety and advice, but they do not understand the long-term emotional, physical and financial impacts of domestic violence and how to completely heal from it.
Victims of domestic violence and abuse experience PTSD, or post-traumatic stress disorder, similar to soldiers returning from war. But unlike soldiers, our battle can last for decades and leave us in a constant state of fight-or-flight, our health impacted by adrenal fatigue and burnout, and emotionally distressed while our children continue to visit the abusive former partner.
Broadly speaking, abuse is all about power and control. As victims of abuse it is vital to not remain victims. Therefore, the more control and power you have over yourself, the less someone else has over you. Recovering from abuse is all about self-empowerment, self-love, valuing the self and learning how to calm emotions and heal PTSD.